After reading Lawrence Ferlinghetti's poem "Constantly Risking Absurdity," which explores the poet's daring craft, write about your most absurd personal experience. Describe a single, specific incident that felt ridiculously bold or foolish. Ensure your response is vivid, concise, and captures the essence of absurdity.

 My most absurd personal experience was when I went bungee jumping off a cliff in Mexico. I was 11 years old on vacation with my whole family to Mexico. They wanted to go bungee jumping but I was so scared so I didn't want to go. But eventually my cousins bullied me into going, which was an awful decision. I went up to go, and I obviously survived the jump, but when I got off we found out that one of my buckles hadn't been locked.

Today in class we analyzed a new poem by Ferlinghetti.

I learned about extended metaphors in poems/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time you felt connected to nature, like the kinship in Native American myths

Reflect on a time when you paused to appreciate the beauty of nature, much like the speaker in “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.” Where were you, what did you notice, and how did that moment of stillness make you feel or change your perspective?

You are currently working on a soundtrack for selected Emily Dickinson poems. With that in mind, if asked to choose a song to describe your life right now, which song would you select and why?