I remember being a little kid and running around my big, green backyard. A certain day in the summer heat I came across an abandoned nest of baby birds. Being a young and explorative child, I took the lonely chicks into custody and cared for them as if I was their mother. Each day coming home from school, I would run through the house to my backyard where I kept the chicks to feed them their daily meal of fruits and seeds. I recall being completely submersed in caring for these babies, and I took full responsibility over their lives until one day they were nowhere to be found. Looking back, I am aware that anything could have happened to them, but at the time I was so proud to have raised baby birds to adulthood. In class we looked over and took notes about native American lit, and we reviewed vocabulary lesson 1. I learned the characteristics of Urban Legends, Myths, and Religion.
One time that I appreciated nature was one of the only times it really snowed in Atlanta. I had just gotten out of the hospital on my birthday, after having a procedure followed by a week's stay. Once I got home, my family realized that we had to sleep at a hotel because the floors that we had just had stained were releasing too many fumes. So, we all slept in a hotel that night. The next morning, I woke up to it snowing outside the hotel room. It made me feel so at peace because I had just been through a lot of emotions the past week. My dad and I played in the snow together, and it was very magical. Today in class, we started our one-pagers. I learned how to make a one-pager and how to make open-ended questions.
If I had to pick a song to describe my life right now I would choose "What a Wonderful World." I would pick this because I like to see the brighter side of things and appreciate life to the fullest. I also really like the song because of the uplifting lyrics and tune, so it makes me feel better when I listen to it. It encourages me to be happier and spread joy wherever I go. Today in class we finished analyzing our Dickinson quotes. I learned how to create a conflict based off of a theme.
Comments
Post a Comment